The Picture Frame Company
The Picture Frame Company is a family of picture frame and art related businesses founded in Saline, Michigan in 1988 by the Bowe family. Our company consists of:
- The Picture Frame Company Online Frame Shop
- The Picture Frame Company Art Installation Hardware Store
- Saline Picture Frame Company
- Dexter Picture Frame Company
- The Picture Frame Company Commercial Services
- Bowe Consulting Group
- The Picture Frame Company in the Community
The Picture Frame Company Online Frame Shop provides convenient, elegant solutions for all of your framing needs at surprisingly affordable prices. We offer an extensive variety of ready made and custom cut frames for everyday use and special occasions. We also offer mats made to order, framing and hanging supplies, great photo frames, and specialty items for the artist and collector. We take pride in fulfilling and shipping your order as quickly as possible.
The Picture Frame Company Art Installation Hardware Store provides solutions for all your art installation needs at very reasonable prices. We offer a complete array of professional grade hardware and supplies - including screws, anchors, hooks and wire - so that you can hang your artwork, mirrors, signage and wall decor. We also offer security hanger kits, parts and accessories for the installation of your valuable or at-risk pieces. We take pride in fulfilling and shipping your order as quickly as possible.
We opened our original store in 1988 in downtown Saline, Michigan. After ten years we outgrew our space at 109 E. Michigan and purchased our current building, the former Otto's Cheese Shop, in 1998. Sara Bowe is the managing partner at our Saline store where she also oversees our commercial framing operation. Sara has been framing since the Carter administration, is a Certified Picture Frame, and is a talented frame designer. Along with complete custom framing services, our Saline store carries a fun and eclectic selection of gifts and accessories, ready made frames, framing hardware, and offers our unique "Mats in a Minute" while you wait mat cutting service.
Monday - Friday 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST; Saturday 10:00AM - 4:00PM EST
7641 N. Ann Arbor Street
Saline, MI 48176
Email our managing partner, Sara Bowe, or fill out our Contact Form
After 10 wonderful years in Dexter, we decided to move our Dexter location back home to Saline. Our Dexter friends are invited to make the quick 20-minute drive to Saline to visit us in our freshly redone showroom.
The Picture Frame Company Commercial Services division offers volume framing and on-site installation services for institutional, government, corporate, retail, and other commercial customers. Our clients include the University of Michigan, M-Den, Akamai , and Terumo. We have the capacity to handle very large orders, to drop ship, and to advise on art selection, placement, and product development. We work hard to meet your needs in creative and cost effective ways.
The Picture Frame Company's three partners - Pete, Sara, and Mary Bowe - share nearly 100 years of experience in the picture framing business. Professionals in art and design, production and installation, product development and customer service, the Bowes represent a rich resource on all matters related to framing. Available to help you map out your project, answer your unusual questions, or execute your special vision, The Bowe Consulting Group provides tailored consultation services to clients with unique needs. Please submit inquiries to Pete Bowe.
We are a local business with deep roots in our community. Part of our mission is to be a contributing member of that community. Unfortunately, there are always many more worthy causes than there are resources. As a business, we concentrate our efforts by helping local groups with a focus on:
- Fighting Local Hunger: We have adopted Food Gatherers as our primary charity because we believe fighting hunger in our own backyard is essential and because Food Gatherers is a highly effective organization run by great people. Our annual Circle of Art benefit is our biggest charitable effort.
- Art Education: We like art teachers and try to support them as much as possible. One of the most fun parts of our recycling effort is the donation of extra materials to art teachers. If you are an art educator feel free to stop by or drop us an email and we will add you to our distribution list for mat scraps and other good stuff.
- Local Initiatives: Nearly twenty-five years as small business owners have taught us how interconnected a local economy is. We support groups like Think Local First which supports local business rooted in our community; Waste Knot which supports business recycling efforts in Washtenaw County; and The Arts Alliance which encourages partnerships and exchanges between local artists and arts organizations.
- Donation Requests: If you represent a local organization or cause that is looking for support you can download our Donation Request Form. Let us know what you need and we'll see if we can help. We are particularly interested in creative solutions that take a fresh approach to local problems.